FROM JUNE 23 UP TO JUNE 28
AT THE HAUS DER KULTUREN DER WELT
LES RENCONTRES INTERNATIONALES WILL OFFER THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD OF 6 DAYS A PLATFORM FOR DISCOVERY AND THOUGHT COVERING THE FIELDS OF NEW CINEMA AND CONTEMPORARY ART.
OPENING - TUESDAY JUNE 23, FROM 8 PM
AT THE HAUS DER KULTUREN DER WELT
KEYNOTE / SCREENING / PARTY click here
Contemporary visual culture holds the convergence between the aesthetic, social and political issues and adapts to the continuing development of production and dissemination technologies. Les Rencontres Internationales offers a future-oriented way of observing these practices.
After Paris in February at Gaîté Lyrique, Les Rencontres Internationales will be held in Berlin from June 23 to 28, 2015. Throughout the 6 days of complimentary access at the la Haus der Kulturen der Welt, a space for discovery and sharing focused on contemporary moving image practices will be available to all.
In the presence of artists and filmmakers from all over the world, the event will offer an international program gathering 110 works from 40 countries, internationally-known artists and filmmakers and young artists and filmmakers presented for the first time in Berlin.
Detailed program on www.art-action.org
A FEW HEADLINES
REGARDING THIS YEAR'S RENCONTRES
- The Opening night on Tuesday, June 23. Les Rencontres Internationales invites you to discover a surprise programme gathering 5 rare films and videos shown as German Première.
- Wednesday, June 24, German Première of “Kommunisten”, the latest film by Jean-Marie Straub.
- Thursday, June 25, German Première of the latest film by Claire Denis, from a text by Christine Angot, “Voilà l’enchaînement”, in the presence of the filmmaker.
- Friday, June 26, German Première of “Tonight and the People” by Neil Beloufa. In a Hollywood landscape, cowboys, hippies and activists act like in Sartres "No Exit" (Huis clos), recycling everything, including themselves in this "hell which the others are".
- Saturday, June 27, German Première of the video performance “Film noir 001” by La Ribot, enlighting invisible relations between cinema and politic in Spain of the 60's.
- The closing screening on Sunday, June 28, Berlin Première of “Ming of Harlem” by Phillip Warnell, in the presence of the filmmaker.
- Among the 110 films and videos - mostly international premieres - are works by: Sandro Aguilar (pt), Jane and Louise Wilson (uk), Thom Andersen (us), Knut Asdam (no), Christian Barani (fr), Magnus Bärtås (se), Laurence Bonvin (ch),Manon De Boer and George Van Dam (be), Sebastian Diaz Morales (ar/nl), Clemencia Echeverri (co), Kevin Jerome Everson (us), Christoph Girardet (de), Maj Hasager (dk), Isabelle Hayeur (ca), Aglaia Konrad (be), Masbedo (it),Carlos Motta (co), Hans Op De Beeck (be), Cristina Picchi (it), Kerstin Schroedinger and Mareike Bernien (de),Hannes Schüpbach (ch), Lina Selander and Oscar Mangione (se), Deborah Stratman (us), Salla Tykkä (fi), Eduardo Williams (ar).
SHARE THE NEWS!
Share on Facebook click here
and on Twitter click here
Join the Facebook event click here
With the Patronage of Michael Müller, Major Governor of Berlin.
Haus der Kulturen der Welt, Senatskanzlei Berlin, Ville de Paris, Institut Français, Embassy of Italy, Italian Cultural Institute Berlin, Embassy of Lithuania, Embassy of Norway, Embassy of the Netherlands, Embassy of Portugal, Camões-Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua, Representation of Québec in Berlin, Austrian Cultural Forum in Berlin, FRAME Visual Art Finland, Prohelvetia Schweizer Kulturstiftung, The Danish Arts Foundation, TAZ die Tageszeitung, Première Heure, Circus Family.
ACCOMMODATION IN BERLIN